Director of Security
About The Position
Founded by security experts from Unit 8200 and led by executives from industry leaders such as Palo Alto Networks, Microsoft Security, and IBM Security, CardinalOps is focused on maximizing the effectiveness and efficiency of our customer’s existing security stacks.
Using automation and MITRE ATT&CK, the CardinalOps platform continuously assesses their detection posture and eliminates coverage gaps in their existing SIEM/XDRs — Splunk, Microsoft Sentinel, IBM QRadar, Google Chronicle SIEM, CrowdStrike Falcon LogScale, Sumo Logic — so they can easily implement a threat-informed defense. What’s more, it drives cost savings and greater efficiencies by recommending new ways to tune noisy and inefficient queries, reduce logging volume, and eliminate underused tools in their stacks.
We are looking for a Director of Security who will lead our security research and operations. Reporting to the CTO, you will be responsible for providing our customers with security policies that address their most urgent gaps. You will act as a subject matter expert when working with the leadership team on defining the product direction and vision.
- 5+ years of professional experience involving at least one of:
- Security engineering, in enterprise companies or service providers.
- Penetration testing.
- Threat intelligence /research.
- 3+ years of management experience, including hiring, process definitions, KPI setting and tracking, and more.
- In-depth knowledge of the security threat landscape, experience with tactical and strategic intelligence about threat groups and their motivations and methodologies, using frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK and the Cyber Kill Chain.
- Understanding of the security stack: SIEMs, SOARs, EDRs, firewalls, IDS, CASB, CNAPP and more. You don’t have to be an expert in all of them, but you should know where each fits in and what its pros and cons are.
- Understanding of a broad range of IT platforms, both on-premises and cloud-based, either from a defensive or an offensive perspective.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and verbal.
- Ability to succinctly convey complex technical ideas.
- High-energy with a can-do attitude.
- Resilient; flexible and adaptable to changing conditions at a fast-paced, growing company.
- Build a high-performance, vibrant team, by hiring and retaining top talent.
- Take part in setting the vision and roadmap of the world’s leading security engineering platform.
- Engage in independent research where needed to evaluate our hypotheses.
- Keep track of latest attacker TTPs and ways of detecting them, beyond simple IOCs.
- Manage and define methodologies for security research activities which include analyzing IT, cloud and security products of different customers to find, prioritize and close gaps.
- Help customers implement security recommendations via our platform; identify and overcome implementation challenges.
- Work with Marketing to create content such as blog or social media posts.